Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 781 to 788 of 788

Grumblevolcano

Phazon and Dark Samus is probably going to go the way of Halo's Flood, you think it's gone but some very specific situation means it's not gone and will return someday. Given how much Prime 4 means for the future of the Metroid franchise, I'd guess it returns in Prime 4 to be safe.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Diddy64

@EvilLucario True. I got confused by the ending where an X-Parasite infected a creature, but completely forgot about the secret images where (SPOILERS AHEAD) the chozo that arrived on the planet, annihilate the ones in SR388. If they choose to put these as the new villains in Metroid 5, what will happen with the (MAJOR FUSION SPOILER) corrupted side of the Galactic Ferderation?

Undergoing games:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (on pause)
Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair (playing it)
Zelda BotW (playing it)
Zelda OoT 3D Master Quest (on pause)
Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy) (on pause)

Ninfan

I know people told me to just listen for news about Metroid 4, but has anyone heard anything about it lately, I mean its been nearly 2 years since Nintendo started working on it....you would think they would have said something by now. I hope i hear something soon.

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Spoony_Tech

It's been barely a year since they said they we're handing it over to Retro Studios. We probably won't hear anything till next year at the earliest.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

I'm guessing a christmas 2021 release. They'll release the Prime Trilogy HD first though. Either later this year or early 2021.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoWiiDS

I think we could see it launch around spring/summer of 2022. It’s a large game with a massive scope so Retro will need time to do the series justice

NintendoWiiDS

Justifier

We don't know if it is "a large game with a massive scope". But I would think that they need at least 3 years. Let's just hope that we see it on Switch.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Nintenarms

Metroid Prime 4 has been on and off development for years now. Sure, they started fresh not that long ago, but we don't know how many of the previously made assets will carry over in the final version. Maybe they'll use the same engine as the original development team used. Maybe Retro Studios will be able to carry some of the assets over from the cancelled game they were supposedly working on. We just don't know.
My guess is it'll be released somewhere during Fall/Winter 2021, a couple of weeks at least after the next mainline Pokémon game.

I wonder how they'll include DLC for this game. Will it be multiplayer? Will it be more single player content like in Breath of the Wild? Or will it be a side story like in Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

ARMS Enthusiast

Switch Friend Code: SW-7426-9168-8499 | My Nintendo: Nintenarms | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic